Film submissions for the 7th Annual Festival now open.
We strive to provide our audience with a wide collection of films, which is why we love shorts! There is no better way to experience a fantastic variety of film than with a great selection of shorts all brought together in one exciting event!
Here’s what you need to know in order to submit your film to Tally Shorts:
ENTRY FEES & DEADLINES
Early Bird Submission – $10.00 (Jul 1 – Aug 4)
Regular Submission – $20.00 (Aug 5 – Sep 29)
Late Submission – $25.00 (Sep 30 – Oct 27)
All submissions will be reviewed by our selection committee and you will be notified by email once a decision has been made on your film.
Final selections will be made no later than November 16, 2018.
- Judges and committee members of Tally Shorts are not eligible to submit to the annual Festival while they are serving as such. Additionally, committee members of Tally Shorts are ineligible to submit for two years after the end of their service to Tally Shorts. Judges are ineligible to submit for 5 years after the end of their service.
- If a film receives an entry fee waiver to submit to the 2019 Tally Shorts Film Festival, it will be considered “Not in Competition” and will be INELIGIBLE for any potential awards or prizes. The film may still be selected to screen at the Festival, but will be excluded from any award or prize consideration.
- Films must be submitted electronically by the Late Submission Deadline above to be eligible for consideration.
Tally Shorts Favorite
Given to the best overall film. Selected by an independent panel of judges. All paid film submissions are eligible.
Given to the best film from the State of Florida or from a filmmaker originating from Florida. Selected by an independent panel of judges. All paid film submissions by Florida filmmakers are eligible.
Selected by audience ballots during the Festival. All paid film submissions are eligible.
PLEASE NOTE: Length includes all credits and graphics, any films received that exceed 25 minutes will not be considered and NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN.
Experimental films must not exceed 5 minutes.
All films must have a production release date no earlier than 01/01/2016.
Any genre such as Narrative, Comedy, Animation, Drama, Documentary, Thriller, Horror, Sci-Fi, and Musicals are acceptable. However, we reserve the right to exclude films based on content that could be considered unsuitable to a general audience. Non-narrative films such as experimental or artistic interpretations films are also welcome but must be under 5 min in duration. Questions regarding genre eligibility can be sent to [email protected]
We only accept online screeners for submitted films. In the submission form please include a YouTube, Vimeo or other link to your full film. Please provide any needed password to view the film upon submission. Please include a downloadable trailer with the submission if available.
NOTE: Prior to a film being taken into consideration, a film’s submission fee must be paid.
If your film is chosen to screen at Tally Shorts, you must provide us with a digital copy of your film. Your film needs to be either a .mov or .mpg encoded with H.264 and must be under 2.5GB in file size.
With the exhibition copy of the film we also require either poster art or production stills, and a short text (no more than 250 characters) of the synopsis.
We request that you send us your film via Dropbox or G-Drive.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By submitting this registration you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions:
I acknowledge that I am responsible for verifying that the running time of my film is under 25 minutes, including ALL opening and closing credits and/or graphics PRIOR TO SUBMITTING. Any films received by Tally Shorts that exceed 25 minutes will not be considered for admission to the Festival and NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN for submission fees.
If my film is selected:
- I give Tally Shorts permission to screen my film during the 2019 Festival and/or any related events.
- I will submit a screening copy of my film meeting the technical requirements above and any associated trailers, clips, stills and /or media packages of my choosing upon notification of acceptance into the Festival.
- I understand and agree that my film/video or trailer may be utilized for promotional purposes of the Festival.
- I understand and agree that a sample clip or trailer of my film/video (up to 30 seconds in length) may be promoted on the TallyShorts.com web site.
- I will permit Tally Shorts to use my name, poster art and/or stills from my film/video for promotional purposes.
- The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Tally Shorts Film Festival, Inc. from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening material entered.